What compensation and support am I entitled to if I have suffered a Minor Injury?

You may be entitled to claim compensation for injuries incurred in a motor vehicle accident in Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast roads. Damages that you may be generally entitled to are for pain and suffering, loss of income (past and future), medical treatment expenses, domestic care and assistance and other losses which may arise in a particular claim.

The compensation claim process in Queensland takes many factors into account and compensation eligibility and amounts can vary significantly based on a number of factors. Factors such as the circumstances of the road accident, the extent of the injuries sustained, as well as age, occupation and overall health of the injured party at the time of the accident are just some of the aspects that may be considered.

Because every claim is unique in its circumstances, injuries and losses suffered, it is important to seek legal advice from an experienced personal injury and compensation lawyer. A compensation lawyer can provide you with legal expertise and advice to ensure that your rights and the rights of your family are protected and that you obtain the compensation that you deserve.


Recent statistics released by Motor Accident Insurance Commission (MAIC) showing statistics for road accidents in Queensland, including Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast, indicated that 71% of motor vehicle accident compensation claims in 2016 were for ‘minor injuries’. Furthermore, 61% of Queensland injury claims were as a result of back and neck injuries.


As set out in the Limitation Act, any personal injury claims do have time limits applicable. If you have been injured in a car accident in Brisbane, Gold Coast or Sunshine Coast, you have up to 3 years from the accident date to commence legal action. If you miss this deadline, your claim will be statute barred and you will lose all your rights to claim compensation.

It is advisable, even if your injury seems minor, to begin with, that you contact a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible.

This helps to ensure that if your minor injury develops into a more serious problem later on, the lawyer you have chosen, will be ready to compile a compensation claim. The claim will cover all aspects of your injury, including loss of earnings, additional medical costs and home care while you recover. Also, the pain and suffering you have to endure should be covered in your personal injury claim.


The message is clear that what you may see as a minor injury could turn serious later on.

After seeking medical advice, it is also important to seek legal advice from an experienced personal injury lawyer about your rights and eligibility for a compensation claim.

If you think you might have a case, contact Vilic Law for a free initial over the phone consultation with a senior solicitor today on 1300 647 427.

The information in this blog is not intended to be legal advice, and should not be taken as such.

Download Free Guide

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.